Friday 24 July 2009

the scream

"I was out walking with two friends.
The sun began to set.
Suddenly the sky turned blood-red.
I paused, feeling exhausted, and leaned on a fence.
There was blood and tongues of fire above the blue-black fjord and the city.
My friends walked on, and there I still stood, trembling with fear.
And I sensed an endless scream passing through nature."
Edvard Munch

"And finally I twist my heart round again, so that the bad is on the outside and the good is on the inside, and keep on trying to find a way of becoming what I would so like to be, and could be, if there weren't any other people living in the world."
Anne Frank

"I don't believe that the big men, the politicians and the capitalists alone are guilty of the war. Oh, no, the little man is just as keen, otherwise the people of the world would have risen in revolt long ago! There is an urge and rage in people to destroy, to kill, to murder, and until all mankind, without exception, undergoes a great change, wars will be waged, everything that has been built up, cultivated and grown, will be destroyed and disfigured, after which mankind will have to begin all over again."
Anne Frank

No comments: