Monday 14 September 2009

Chicago

She is always there where things happen 
Always in the middle of the city 
There where the small world is very large 
She sees enough of the lights 

She trembled, and when from this and that 
And she has already had anything 
Even though she does not take so much care of herself 
At least she keeps in touch 

And she dreams of Chicago, Chicago 
Somewhere where nobody knows her
And she dreams of Chicago, Chicago 
There, where nobody, nobody calls her name 

With her sunny dream in mind 
She walks through the rain,
And to everyone that meets her on the street 
She tells, she has been there 

Describes in which part of the city she already was 
Because, after all, she knows this and that 
And if you have a little bit with you 
She takes you with for a night 

She takes you to Chicago, to Chicago 
Someplace where nobody knows you 
She takes you to Chicago, to Chicago 
Where no one calls, no one your name 

But when you tell her 
Which dream she lives 
Then she just goes crazy 

Even if she has just been sleeping for a short time 
Once the light goes on
Then she must go back quickly 

Sometimes she will meet with a few people 
At some unspecified place 
And when there fresh stuff flows through the veins 
one passes the spoon to the others 

And this time she did not come 
Maybe she has not packed 
Only a small message is all she has left 

I'll never come back
I'm in Chicago, Chicago 
Somewhere where nobody knows me oh-oh 
I never come back I'm in Chicago, Chicago 
There, where nobody, nobody calls my name, oh-oh 

Chicago 
Where nobody knows me 
I'll never come back 
Chicago 
I'll never come back

No comments: