Tuesday 6 September 2011

com-promise

I do not know. some confused thoughts.

talking to friends, it was said that if you never settle somewhere it is hard to find someone. i look at people around me. most of them are in a couple. but I also think that a good percentage are just in a relationship for the sake of being in a relationship. and this is something I do not understand (most of the times at least). Yes, I travel alone. I take planes, trains, taxis. Yes, sometimes I have to go to the cinema on my own if I really wanna watch a movie. Yes, I have most of my meals alone. Yes, on Saturday mornings I am one of the few singles around for the shopping days (most singles are not early-wakers).

And it is not like I always love this. But it is just the way it is. And in turn I have many other things. I am leaving 3 weeks for Japan and I do not have to discuss this with anyone.

And to celebrate one of the biggest day of my life I have my family and hopefully a bunch of very good friends. And it sounds good.

It is a period of changes, so I decided to add one more. this kind of change. shorter hair. after kind of 5 years with the same cut it was time. still have to get used to it, but it feels freshly new. and thsi is good.

Carrie: The longer I sat at that table, the more alone I felt. And it really hit me: I am 35 and alone!
Miranda: You are not alone.
Carrie: No, I know I have you guys, but... and really, I hate myself a little for saying this, but... it felt really sad not to have a man in my life who cares about me. No special guy to wish me happy birthday. No goddamn soulmate. And I don't even know if I believe in soulmates.
Charlotte: Don't laugh at me, but maybe we could be each others soulmates? And then we could let men be just these great nice guys to have fun with?
Samantha: Well, that sounds like a plan.
Carrie: I'm 35. 35 is not 25.
Miranda: Thank God!
Carrie: I'm 35!
Samantha: Oh, shut the f*** up. I'm 140!

9 comments:

Paul said...

Mah. Non condivido nemmeno io le coppie che stanno insieme solo per abitudine o per il dover per forza stare in coppia. E non ci vedo niente di male nella vita di single. Certo, ogni tanto vorresti qualcuno al tuo fianco, ma il tempo ce lo porterà. O forse no. Ma non è una cosa che possiamo decidere da soli, giusto?

magnolia said...

forse non possiam odeciderlo, ma sicuramente possiamo contribuire, credo.

buon appetito

magnolia said...

mi spiego (a stomaco pieno).

sicuramente noi col nostro atteggiamento comunichiamo la nostra volontà di venire in contatto con nuove persone e di avere relazioni, ci creiamo occasioni per conoscere qualcuno di nuovo e così via...

poi il caso ci deve assistere, ovviamente

Vale said...

bellissimo post. rispondo solo così.

ti voglio davvero bene e mi piace tanto come sei

capello corto per un cambiamento decisamente approvato

un bacione enorme

PS e ora non sei neppure sola nella tua singletudine :o)

Vale said...

PPS Giappone... invidia profonda.

magnolia said...

ah, tornata nel club dei single?

bene, allora considera il post come il tuo regalo di sottoscrizione al club :)

Paul said...

Già che sono qui, mi considero del club anche io a pieno titolo da un bel po'. ^^

magnolia said...

purtroppo non abbiamo offerte per i membri anziani :)

PS: bello il post sul tramonto!

Paul said...

Thx. ^^