Friday 9 October 2009

proud of carrying his name

Most high, all powerfull, all good Lord 
All praise is yours, all glory, all honour 
and all blessing. 
To you alone, Most High, do they belong and no human being is worthy to pronounce your name. 
Praised be You, my Lord,through all that you have made, 
and first my lord brother Sun, 
who brings the day and light you give us through him; 
How beautiful is he, how radiant in all his splendour: 
of you, Most High, he bears the likeness. 
Praised be You, my Lord,through sister Moon and Stars;in the heaven you have made them, bright, and precious and fair. 
Praised be You, my Lord,through brother Wind, 
and air and stormy and fair in all weather moods, 
by which You cherish all that you have made. 
Praised be You, my Lord,through sister Water, 
so useful, humble, precious 
and pure. 
Praised be You, my Lord, through brother Fire, 
through whom You light the night; 
and he is beautiful and playful and robust and strong. 
Praised be You, my Lord,through our sister mother Earth, 
who sustains and governs us, 
producing varied fruits with coloured flowers and herbs. 
Praised be You, my Lord,through those who grant pardon 
for love of You, 
and bear sickness and trial; 
blessed are those who endure in peace, 
by You, most High, they will be crowned. 
Praised be You, ...

No comments: