Wednesday 14 October 2009

a story

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn't, then it was never meant to be."

I walked alone for hours upon hours
In a field of foreign flowers 
Then to my surprise
My emotions began to sensationalize
Before my very own eye
Was the most beautiful butterfly
Full of colors I had never seen
A simple nature that cut my heart keen
His wings so innocent but grand
If he only new what I had planned
So, I made my move to make him mine
Him and I, we would combine
I held him in my hands so tight
Part of me knew it was not right
I watched him scared as can be
Flickering his wings trying to be free
I wanted so bad to make him mine
That I over looked the obvious sign
He was meant to be free
And, our love came with no guarantee
So, I opened my hands and let him go 
And watched as another gardener he bestow
That Gardener, she took from me what was never mine
A relationship that we had yet to define
My heart did hurt and yes it bled
For my beautiful butterfly lay in another flower bed
I will never understand why he choose to be free
When it was so clear it was with me he should be
Then to my surprise on one August gloomy day
Upon my flower my beautiful butterfly lay
He looked at me with sincere eyes
And told me that his choice was unwise
I told him that I loved him true 
And, that he stained my heart dark blue
If you love a butterfly you let him go
Watch his wild oats be sow
If to you he return

For your heart he will yearn
Come back to you- he's yours forever
With true love that he endeavor

No comments: