Sunday 15 January 2012

me, myself and I

i think i can say it. I used to be a person that could not spend time on her own. now I can, and I actually sometimes find myself claiming and defending this right.

when someone is asking for your presence, but you feel like you have to spend that time with yourself.
when nobody is around to do stuff together, and you set up for a time out with yourself, be it a long walk in the sun, a good meal in a nice place, some shopping, your swimming hour, may it be at 7 am, your holiday in that one place you always wanted to go to.
may it be that you want to dress up nice, and have a short skirt on and take your walk without having to talk to people that would never address you if you were not nice-looking. may it be that you feel like watching a romantic movie at the cinema. may it be that you want to have lunch on your own in the canteen and take a slow walk to tidy up your mind and enjoy the sun.
when you fill in the bath tub, pour some scented product and just disappear for 20 mins in bubbly water. might it be that you come home and you put on your warm sweater and switch on your scented candle.

sometimes while doing these things I might look lame, pitiful, lonely to others eyes. even if, it is my right, and do not judge me only because you don't do it. maybe you're luckier than me, maybe you are just different, maybe you did not walk all the way I have walked till here. you did not fall in the ways I did, you were not abandoned by those people.

just close your eyes and embrace that music. dong.

2 comments:

The Girls said...

I'm new to blogspot and scrolling across some of the blogs. And your post is really pretty and inspiring.

magnolia said...

Dear girls,

thank you so much.

My blog is just a small place where t ocome back when I want to write, be it a sad, happy or crazily stupid day. A lot in it is about boys too ;)

I will give a look at your blog :)