Sunday 14 December 2008

Love lasts three years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8hbH2GaJrk&feature=related

Our generation is too superficial for marriage. People get married as if they were going to Mc Donald's. Then they zap.
How do you believe that people can stay with the same person for life, in the society of generalized zapping? In times when stars, political men, arts, sexes, religions are more interchangeable than ever, why should the amorous feeling be the exception to the general schizophrenia? And then, first of all, where does this strange obsession to try at all costs to be happy with just one person come from?
Out of 558 types of human society only 24% is monogamous. A large fraction of the animal species is polygamous.
Marriage is like having caviar at each meal, an indigestion of what we love till we get sick.
"Come on, have some more of it!"
"What?! You have enough of it?!"
"But if you find it delicious, you found it delicious some minutes ago. What happened? Can you tell me?"

The incredible power of love must have scared the western society to the point that it created this system aimed at making you feel disgust for what you love. An American researcher recently proved that unfaithfulness is biologic. Unfaithfulness, according to this well-known scientist, is a genetic strategy aimed at promoting the survival of the species. Try to imagine the scene.
"Dear, I din't cheat on you for my personal pleasure, I did it for the survival of the species. You can also not care about it, but someone has to engage himself for the survival of the species. Maybe you think that I do it for fun!".

I'm never satisfied. When I like a girl, I want to fall in love with her. When I've fallen in love with her, I want to kiss her. When I've kissed her, I want to sleep with her. And when I've slept with her, I want to live with her in a furnished apartment. When I'm living with her in a furnished apartment, I want to marry her. When I've married her, I meet another girl that I like.
Man is an unsatisfied animal, hesitating among different frustrations. If women wanted to play cunningly, they would refuse to sleep with a man, so that he would run after them for life.

The only question in love is: when does one start lying? Are you always so happy to go back home and find the same person waiting for you? When you say "I love you", do you really always mean it?
There will always be - it's fatal - a moment in which you will have to make an effort to say it, in which your "I love you" will not have the same taste anymore. For me that moment was represented by shaving. I used to shave myself every evening in order not to sting Annie when kissing her at night. And then, one evening, she had already felt asleep, I had gone out without her till dawn - typical shameful kind of behavior that one allows himself with the excuse of being married - I didn't shave. I thought it was not important because she wouldn't have noticed it. Instead it simply meant that I didn't love her anymore.

read by Fabio Volo, freely translated from me

8 comments:

Vale said...

sometimes Fabio takes it too pessimistic and too generalized...but I like his opinions and his way to put it

I still believe some people have a different gear

being in love and marriage should not be discussed too easily on the same level though...but anyway...

the whole problem is about love

love has a big percentage of selfishness

u are, let's say, a "mathematician" (u r much more, but let's take this part for now)
so u r more familiar than me with percentages

now tell me...if me and u are sharing an apple and I eat the 90% of it...do u think our relationship leads to a good direction? Armageddon.

magnolia said...

actually I do not think that fabio wrote this. and I do not completely agree with what he says here. I just found it a good way to think. but someone recently (someone who gave me your message) talked to me about love in such a nice way...

I still dream that you can meet the person you choose to live your life with.

Vale said...

exactly.

psstraka said...

Being in love can last for more than 3 years, I think. The thing is that after (usually) 3 years, the feeling of being in love changes its character... and most people, usually men, don't like the way it changes.

It changes from the uncontrollable desire to be as intimate together as possible, into a state where you know the other by heart. When looking at her/him, a cascade of memories, feelings, images, smells and sounds erupts somewhere in your head, mostly somewhere in the back where you're not quite aware of them.

If you're lucky, you will be aware of some of them... and then it will remind you of how full the account of memories is that you have together ("account" as in "bank account").

And at some inevitable point, that will be the only thing you have left. But, with a little bit of luck, it is also more than you will ever need.

Vale said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vale said...

"a state where you know the other by heart"

funny 'cause I am not familiar with this state...I spent 6 years with a person and still could amaze of stuff I did not know (good stuff of course)

love ended for other reasons, in my case

love lasts till there is a balance between:

-feelings
-goals
-arousal

take off one of these and..it's gone..

plus...if u put together all these on porpouse..it might not work...like creating a frankenstein...was it human?

complicated

relationships are something we also have to work on, the difference with other works is that..it should be a pleasure to work on this.

the title of a movie comes now to my mind..."love is never-ending, till it ends"

magnolia said...

I know the movie...
...and I'm looking forward to working on my next relationship...

...and I would add another thing to your list: lighntness, fun... in the meaning of being able together to laugh and find the funny aspect of life...

Vale said...

oh yeah...my list is just the basic list, u can add much more! actually the more the better!

but the fun doesn't depend on the couple itself..usually fun people have fun in relationship...and boring people have boring relationship...when fun and boredom meets it should always win the fun...but many times it doesn't happen...

boredom is my worst nightmare...I can face anything (cocky vale)...but not bored and boring people